By Deepanshi Mahajan
Goal 16 is one of the most essential goals of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to be achieved by 2030. But in order to achieve it, we need to understand the concept of peace, justice and strong institution in detail.
Peace, when there will be peace in the world. When there will be justice and where comes the role of a strong institution.
Peace means a calm state of mind, doesn’t matter how tougher the situation will be, but one remains shuttle peaceful, the stable state of mind in all the odds is what is the real meaning of peace the true joy, happiness and love should not be faded away.
But the question arises how to remain peaceful when injustice is happening to you or around you and when there is no one to stand for you and fight for your rights here comes the role of justice and strong institution.
People around the world are facing various issues and injustice due to illegal activities such as terrorist attacks, depression in youngsters, sexual harassment, child trafficking etc. The list of crime and injustice goes long. Then how the population of the world will be at peace when we are surrounded by the victims.
The suicide rate has been increased by a total of 35% in the last 20 years period and around 71 % of the women and girls and 28% of boys are trafficked every year, although the number of terror attack victims are decreased in the past 4 years due to combined support of the government of the specific country and the institutes of human right.
But what about the rest two issues talked here?
Suicide among youngsters as the rate is high among the young generation but the farmers and middle class is also there in suicide cases. The pandemic has also contributed to the increasing rate. There is also an increase in human trafficking in the last few years. This is all about the various causes of injustice happening around the world.
The suicides around the world are happening due to a lack of support, understanding, and a very crucial lack of patience among the young generation. If a person is unsuccessful in his/ her attempt in studies or other matter, the person tries to do suicide. Life is not about success or failure. It is about peace, happiness and love.
On the other hand, we need to be responsible also, and we must take responsibility for our family, friends and relatives with the tensions and pressure they have in their mind. In this way, depression itself will be diminished from society.
Various suggestions from my point of view are:
- All the stress and trauma can be relieved by yoga pranayama, meditation and breathing techniques.
- First, make them empower and trauma-free by yoga and meditation then only they will be able to fight for their rights.
- First, we need to work at a personal thing that is emotional and psychological level then comes the role of strong institutions.
- There are various institutions at present that are working in various areas for justice and support to the people.
- When it comes to the strong institution this can only happen when we as the citizen of our country and above all as human being take responsibility for the people around us.
- When we move forward with good intentions of spreading love and brotherhood to help those around us.
- When we actually live the dream of “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam”.